Monday, February 24

Don't Be a Stranger


I have a confession to make. In my current and previous relationships, I can't help but let my significant other be the center of my universe. Thus, I'm heartbroken to say that I have become a dispensable person to others, especially to my friends.

I don't blame them at all. I consider myself a bad friend because I'm almost always unreachable to them whenever I'm in a romantic relationship. It doesn't help that I don't like to pry too much into the lives of others. The latter might not sound like a bad thing, but I realized that it reached a point wherein I've become a snob.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but all I know is that this passage from Wuthering Heights (written by Emily Brontë) stirred something inside me:

“If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be, and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.”


I'm in love with an amazing person, but I don't want to be a stranger to my own family and friends anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)