Saturday, February 22

In a State of Wanderlust


I'm consumed by wanderlust. I have always wanted to travel. It's more than just the destination, but the journey itself. Unfortunately, I neither have the luxury nor the opportunity to do so. I have only ever traveled by land, and the only time I got to ride a small boat was for an hour-long journey to a secluded island. Believe me, that sounds better than it really was.

Lately, I feel as if my chest is about to burst open whenever I see images or videos of random people documenting their touristy moments or latest adventures. I'm not exactly envious of these people. The feeling is more of an overwhelming desire to drop everything and go somewhere far from where I am right now. It just gives me "the feels".

I'm dying to fly on an airplane or sail on a ship (Okay, dying may not be the most suitable word for those). I want to soak in different cultures, and meet new friends. I want to taste unusual flavors, and explore unfamiliar places. I can already hear the exhausted sighs of jet-setters as they argue that traveling is not always as glamorous or fun as it seems, but it's still the ultimate dream for someone like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)