Friday, February 28

From Mother to Daughter


You can never forget me
The memory of my maiden love
Shall haunt you till the end of time
Every young flower, every new dawn
Will always remind you of me

The language of my eyes
Shall hover above every neon light
Every star-twinkle, every candle flame
It shall always longingly linger
In the after-glow of the setting sun

The prayer of my heart
Shall pervade every evening breeze
It shall drown out the murmurings
Of other hearts, the songs of
Other lips, I shall ever forever echo
In your mind

My mother wrote this poem when she was around my age. She wanted to pursue Journalism, but studied Economics instead. While reading through a notebook full of her own poems, I realized that she still took the time to do what she really wanted to do while doing what she had to do.

I admire a lot of women, and wish that I would look like them, sound like them, and be like them. But the woman that I admire the most is my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)