Tuesday, February 25

The Many Things the Internet Tells Me To Do and What To Do With Them


I'm sure you're quite familiar with those lists that excessively circulate social networking sites. Most of them are inspiring. Some can be amusing. However, others are downright baffling. While some are written to make us think, others are not to be taken seriously. I'm guilty of sharing and pinning a few of such lists myself, but I quickly realized that I'm not too keen on taking some of the suggestions to heart.

Don't get me wrong. There are a lot of helpful websites that offer loads of information about one's particular interest or dilemma. I don't mean to disrespect or ridicule them in any way. Furthermore, I don't intend to offend people who concoct or share such lists because I believe that it's a matter of personal taste and preference.

I still appreciate lists that give me ideas of places to visit when I finally get to travel, books and films that I can devour, and dishes that can excite my palate. The ones that got me shaking my head are those that enumerate the signs that I am indeed a human being, the must-haves for 2014 (or else the year wouldn't be perfect), the goals that I should have accomplished before I turn 30, and the pointers that I should follow to be a perfect friend/life partner/daughter.

Of the countless things the Internet tells me to do, I decided to do nothing. I'd rather stick with my own bucket list, and put a tick on every item.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)